Jul 24, 2020
Several members of the UCLA Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry are featured in a special centennial issue of the UCLA College Magazine.
The issue “celebrates the College’s defining moments over the past 100 years”. An online version of the 48-page magazine can be viewed here. Printed copies will be available in the future.
- Two articles feature the research of Nobel laureates and UCLA Chemistry & Biochemistry faculty members Professors William Libby in “Revolutionizing Science” (pg 13) and Paul Boyer in “Understanding How Complex Life Evolved” (pg 14) as part of a tribute to UCLA’s thirteen faculty and alumni Nobel laureates, seven of whom have ties to our department.
- Dean's Prize winner Abby Thurm, an undergraduate researcher in Professor William Gelbart’s group, is profiled in an article titled “Undergraduate Education - Student Research” (pg 17).
- Professors Richard Kaner and Sarah Tolbert’s work on designing superhard materials is featured in an article titled “Designing Superhard Materials” (pg 18).
- Professor Michael Jung’s cancer drug discovery research is featured in an article titled “Designing Molecules to Save Lives” (pg 31).
- Professors Hosea Nelson and Jose Rodriguez’s MicroEd electron microscopy research is featured in an article titled “The Future of Molecular Research” (pg 35).
- Professor Heather Maynard’s work on the synthesis of next-generation polymers is featured in an article titled “Promise of Chemistry” (pg 37).
Penny Jennings and Nikki Erinakis, UCLA Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, email@example.com.